When you’re out on the trail, you want to be able to relax and enjoy the scenery. But lugging a heavy, uncomfortable chair with you is just not practical. That’s why backpacking chairs are such a popular choice for hikers and campers.
Backpacking chairs are designed to be lightweight and easy to carry, yet still provide a comfortable place to sit. There are many different types and designs of backpacking chairs on the market, so it’s important to know what to look for when choosing one.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Types: There are two main types of backpacking chairs: framed and inflatable. Framed chairs are typically more sturdy and supportive, while inflatable chairs are more lightweight and compact.
- Dimensions and weight: Backpacking chairs come in a variety of sizes, so make sure to choose one that’s comfortable for you. Pay attention to the dimensions and weight limit to make sure it will work for your needs.
- Design: Backpacking chairs can have different features, such as a footrest or headrest. Consider what design features will be most comfortable and useful for you.
- Seat height and width: You’ll want to make sure the chair has enough room for you to sit comfortably, with enough space to move around. Measure the seat height and width to ensure it will work for you.
- Durability: Backpacking chairs are made to be durable, but some are more durable than others. If you plan on using your chair frequently or in rough terrain, choose a model that’s built to last.
- Stability: When you’re sitting in a chair, you want it to be stable so you don’t have to worry about it tipping over. Make sure the chair is stable and won’t tip over easily.
- Seat materials: Backpacking chairs are typically made with either fabric or mesh seats. Fabric seats are more comfortable but can get hot in sunny weather. Mesh seats are cooler and allow air to circulate, but they might not be as comfortable.
- Comfort: Comfort is important when choosing any type of chair, but it’s especially important for backpacking chairs since you’ll be sitting in them for long periods of time. Make sure the chair is comfortable for you to sit in for extended periods.
- Weight limit: Most backpacking chairs have weight limits that range from 250 pounds to 350 pounds. Choose a chair that can support your weight so you don’t have to worry about it breaking.
- Ease of setup: Backpacking chairs can be tricky to set up, so look for one that’s easy to assemble. Some chairs come with carrying cases or bags, which make them even easier to transport and set up.
- Warranty: Many backpacking chairs come with warranties, so you can be sure they’re built to last. Choose a chair with a warranty that offers the coverage you need.
Now that you know what to look for in a backpacking chair, it’s time to start shopping! Check out our top picks for the best backpacking chairs on the market.